A bio-geographer (or similar) is required to investigate he relationship between bee flora phenology and vegetation spectral response. This will be further examined to include nectar flow and identify approaches for predicting honey bee flora events.
- Experience, skills and/or a keen interest in remote sensing, geographic information systems, climatology and bio-geography
- Ability to operate outdoors in an observational environment ( native bush & remote locations)
- Willingness to work as part of a large interdisciplinary team to achieve outcomes through a combination of planning, working independently & collaboration with other team members.
- Willingness to engage with external stakeholders such as private companies & government departments to effectively present scientific research results to this audience.
- Excellent interpersonal & oral communication skills
- A working knowledge of remote sensing, geographic information systems & biogeography is highly desired.
- Limited fear of bees and bee stings. Bee allergies should be a consideration.
If you are interested in applying this PhD program, please send your latest CV and a personal statement (addressing the requirements) to email@example.com before 31 December, 2017.