An inspired economics PhD candidate is needed to develop and test a valuation tool for honey bee hive sites. The valuation tool is to be used as a decision- making tool for the establishment or preservation of native flora.
- Experience, skills and/or a keen interest in economics, environmental science, natural resource management or similar.
- Ability to operate outdoors in an observational environment ( native bush & remote locations)
- Willingness to work as part of a large interdisciplinary team to achieve outcomes through a combination of planning, working independently & collaboration with other team members.
- Willingness to engage with external stakeholders such as private companies & government departments to effectively present scientific research results to this audience.
- Excellent interpersonal & oral communication skills
- A working knowledge of economic analytical systems is highly desired.
- Limited fear of bees and bee stings. Bee allergies should be a consideration.
If you are interested in applying this PhD program, please send your latest CV and a personal statement (addressing the requirements) to email@example.com before 31 December, 2017.