A PhD plant biology student wanting to be involved in the development of a new industry is required to investigate land rehabilitation with Leptospermum for the production of Manuka honey
- Experience, skills and/or a keen interest in plant biology, modelling and agriculture or similar.
- Ability to operate outdoors in an observational environment ( native bush & remote locations)
- Willingness to work as part of a large interdisciplinary team to achieve outcomes through a combination of planning, working independently & collaboration with other team members.
- Willingness to engage with external stakeholders such as private companies & government departments to effectively present scientific research results to this audience.
- Excellent interpersonal & oral communication skills
- Limited fear of bees and bee stings. Bee allergies should be a consideration.
If you are interested in applying this PhD program, please send your latest CV and a personal statement (addressing the requirements) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 31 December, 2017.