Dr Bryan Boruff
Program 1: Honey Bee Hive Sites
Bryan J Boruff is a Geographer and Senior Lecturer in the UWA School of Agriculture and Environment at The University of Western Australia (UWA). Dr Boruff’s expertise lay in the application of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Remote Sensing technologies to the study of environmental hazards. Over the past decade, Dr Boruff’s research interests have expanded to encompass a range of environmental management issues including renewable energy and agricultural production, population health, sustainable livelihoods and the development of spatially enabled eResearch tools. He has extensive experience working in developing nations in multidisciplinary settings with academic, private and government stakeholders.
- Cao, Y, Boruff, BJ, McNeill, IM, 2017. Towards personalised public warnings: harnessing technological advancements to promote better individual decision-making in the face of disasters, International Journal of Digital Earth, DOI:10.1080/17538947.2017.1302007
- Cao, Y, Boruff, BJ, McNeill, IM, 2017. The smoke is rising but where is the fire?: exploring effective online map design for wildfire warnings, Natural Hazards, (accepted May, 2017)
- Pauli, N. and Boruff, B., 2016. Natural Environments, Ecosystem Services and Green Infrastructure: Planning for Perth’s ‘Green’ Matrix. In: Biermann, D. Olaru and V. Paül. (Eds). Planning Boomtown and Beyond. Perth, WA: UWA Publishing (Forthcoming), ISBN: 978-1-74258-908-4.
- Cao, Y., Boruff, B.J., and McNeill, I.M., 2016. Is a picture worth a thousand words? Evaluating the effectiveness of maps for delivering wild fire warning information. International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction, 19:179–196.
- Boruff, B.J., Moheimani, N.R., Borowitzka, M.A. Optimum locations for Industrial-scale Microalgae Biofuel Production in Western Australia: a GIS Approach. Applied Energy, 149:379-391.
- Biggs EM, Bruce E, Boruff B, Duncan JMA, Duce S, Haworth BJ, Horsley J, Curnow J, Neef A, McNeill K, Pauli N, Van Ogtrop F, Imanari Y, 2015. Sustainable development and the water-energy-food nexus: a perspective on livelihoods. Environmental Science and Policy 54 389-397
- Flower K, Boruff B, Nansen C, Jones H, Thompson S, Lacoste C, Murphy M, 2014. Proof of concept: Remote sensing frosted-induced stress in wheat paddocks. Grains Research and Development Corporation, Canberra, ACT